A Reason to Hope - The Means to Cope
About the SSA
Established in 1980, the Schizophrenia Society of Alberta (SSA) improves quality-of-life for Albertans affected by schizophrenia and psychosis.
- Provides information and support to people affected by schizophrenia
- Reduces stigma and discrimination due to schizophrenia
- Increases public awareness and understanding of schizophrenia
- Provides employment opportunities to people with schizophrenia
- Advocates for improved public policy and public services surrounding schizophrenia
- Promotes research into the causes and medical treatment of schizophrenia
"Our Mission is to improve the quality of life for those affected by schizophrenia and psychosis through education, support programs, public policy and research."